If you ask people who have successfully lost weight, a majority of them would look back on their journey and state it wasn’t as hard as they thought! Losing weight is a process, and as we have mentioned previously too, and it requires continued dedication, right diet, regular exercise, and a little bit of will power to achieve desired results. Talking about weight loss, metabolism is the factory that torches calories and certain dieting blunders can make this factory sluggish. You have been struggling and working out like crazy, but still unable to lose a single pound. In fact, you may be putting roadblocks yourselves on your path to weight loss by doing these blunders. In this post, we list out Dieting Blunders That Are Keeping You from Losing Weight.
1. No Metabolism-Boosting Foods in your Daily Diet: As we have mentioned before, metabolism is that process which burns calories in the body, and if there is scarcity of metabolism-boosting foods, it can affect whole calorie-burning process. In this post, we have listed out 25 Vegetarian Metabolism Boosting Foods For Weight Loss.
2. Guessing Game on What to Eat/How Much to Eat: It’s the biggest mistake people who want to shed weight commit – playing the guessing game on what to eat and how much to eat. Join the Rati Beauty Weight Loss diets on the Rati Beauty app and follow the weekly plans to shed weight by eating the correct portion of healthy food.
3. You are strict during mealtimes but become flexible with Snacking: You are counting every single calorie during breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but munch on mindlessly during snacking. Count calories of snacks too because those bag of chips can pack in a lot of calories with their high sodium content.
4. Not Gulping Down Enough Water: Dehydration can lower metabolism and keep the state of hunger in a heightened state. Consume enough water, at least 8 glasses of water per day.
5. Not Making Exercise Count: Relying only on dieting and not exercising is like putting only 50% of effort. Regular exercise will boost metabolism and help burn fat too.
6. Relying Solely on Weighing Scale: When you start out on your weight loss journey, by following a healthy diet and exercise routine, the one thing that you start obsessing with is the “weighing scale.” Day after day, when you see the scale tipping in your favor, you get fixated with it and gain that confidence and motivation to work hard on yourself and shed some more weight. But there comes a stage during your weight loss journey when you actually don’t see any progress at all on the weighing scale and it’s called hitting the “weight loss plateau,” which is an inevitable phase during the journey to shed weight. During such a phase, when you don’t see any results for your hard work, it’s easy to get demotivated and jump off the weight loss wagon. You would start dreading the weighing scale which was your best friend in the beginning of the journey. But let us tell you, weight loss is not just about low numbers on the scale, there are a lot more numbers that you are probably overlooking that might be showing your progress. In this post, read about “9 Weight Loss Numbers That Matter More than the Weighing Scale.”
7. Picking only Fat-Free Foods: If you are one of those people who got rid of all fat from the diet and pick everything low fat and fat free, then you are making a big mistake. What we are unaware is that going “low fat and fat free” can actually make your health worse. Through research, it has been established that women who consumed low fat-yogurt had gained more weight in comparison with women who ate moderate amount of full-fat yogurt. Include healthy fats in your diet to actually amp up the metabolism.
8. Replacing Refined Sugar with Sugar-free Pellets: Artificial sweeteners are not a good replacement to refined sugar because they still manage to spike insulin levels, and are synthetically made and most of the times, the body is unable to process such sweeteners. Switch to natural sources of sugar like these (8 Best Healthy Replacements for Refined Sugar).
9. Crash Dieting: Severe calorie restriction does not lead to significant weight loss. Crash dieting also slows down metabolism and keeps fat burning to minimal, so eat according to the diet programs on Rati Beauty.
10. Eating Too Many Healthy Food: We all tend to forget that there are calories still in “healthy” foods even if they are super-healthy almonds, cheese, brown rice, eggs, and even cucumbers have calories in them, and it’s important to portion control even with healthy food to remain in calorie deficit.
11. Not Considering Calories in Juices and Liquids as Calories: It’s wrong to assume that liquids such as fruit juices, are healthy, and would not add much calories. In fact, liquid calories get easily digested, and soon, you would be craving for more food, and in that way, would be adding more calories to the diet.
12. Not Getting Rid of Transfat: Transfat is artificially made from vegetable oils by a process called hydrogenation where hydrogen molecules are added to the oil. This is done to increase the shelf life of the oil, to solidy the oil, and make it more appetizing and suitable for frying. Also, transfat is an inexpensive way to add taste to the oil, but this process is extremely harmful to the human body due to the high proportion of LDL (bad cholesterol) which can wreak havoc in the body and puts one at the risk of developing morbid diseases like type 2 diabetes, obesity, etc.
13. Eating too Many “Healthy” Processed Food: Cereals, peanut butter, flavoured yogurt are all considered healthy, but processing adds loads of sugar and preservatives to these healthy foods and it is wise to check the ingredients list.
14. Yo-yo Dieting: Yo-yo dieting can cause fluctuation of hormones including that of insulin, estrogen, ghrelin, leptin, etc. This kind of weight cycling can trigger insulin resistance as well. With yo-yo dieting, you tend to put weight around the abdominal and tummy region, which as we all know, is extremely difficult to burn off, more so the next time around. Read all about yo-yo dieting here.
15. You Go Gluten-Free even if you are not Allergic to Gluten: People with celiac disease have an intolerance to gluten in their diet (which is a kind of protein) and they should avoid gluten in their diet; however, some people think going gluten-free might accelerate their weight loss process which is not true because there’s hardly any evidence that suggests relation between gluten and weight gain/weight loss.
16. You are looking towards Fat-Burning Pills: Just two words – Wouldn’t work!
17. You are scared of even “Healthy Fat”: Healthy fats are absolutely necessary in anyone’s diet, more so if you want to lose weight. They boost metabolism, can keep you full for longer, and does not cause sharp insulin spikes (insulin is also a fat-storage hormone).
18. Considering Sleep is not Important: If you are stressed and gaining weight, you aren’t getting your mandatory 8 hours of sleep each night. You need to sleep it off in order to get your body working properly. Lack of sleep contributes to stress and weight gain too. You can do dieting and work it out at the gym, but if you are sleep deprived, you are not going to see any weight loss and the overactive hunger hormone from lack of sleep will push you towards overeating. Everything is interrelated which is why doctors highly suggest 8 hours of sleep at night.
The post 18 Dieting Blunders That Are Keeping You from Losing Weight appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.