Everyone tells you that the biggest key for weight loss is to cut down calories and maintain a calorie deficit, but a lot of you out there are confused on how to bring down calories without compromising on nutrition or health, and that’s why one can rely on weight loss diets such as on the Rati Beauty app where you can cut down calories and lose weight successfully. As we have always maintained, weight loss is about 80% dieting and 20% exercise, and that means, you can bring about significant weight loss just by cutting calories and eating healthy. However, a completely wrong approach to drop weight, is to go on crash dieting, which not only will yield any long-term or significant result, such kind of a diet with severe calorie restriction will give rise to vitamin and mineral deficiencies, and the body would become malnourished and no weight loss is possible after a certain period. Dieting for weight loss does not mean putting the body into a starvation mode as a way to punish the body. Losing weight is all about eating the right kind of the food, in the right amount. On a diet, one should feel healthy and nourished, not deprived and hungry through the day. In fact, Rati Beauty weight loss diets encourage you to eat healthy and make smart lifestyle changes, rather than push bland and “meh” stuff. One primary reason why people gain all the weight back after coming off a diet is because they feel deprived and hungry on the diet that they have followed – dieting should be part of a lifestyle, not a painful phase. People often get down from the weight loss wagon because they can no longer fight with the constant feeling of hunger. To lose weight and sustain the weight loss – tackling the feeling of constant hunger is important. If you want to lose weight, at a steady rate, the safe way, without compromising on nutrition, ideally you should be having 500 calories less than what you are eating right now. In this post, we will explore on how to cut calories without feeling hungry all day.
1. Follow Rati Beauty Weight Loss Diet: The diets on Rati Beauty app include only healthy and nutritious food, maintain you in a calorie deficit, and help you lose weight the healthy way.
2. Maintain a Food Journal: People who keep a food journal often find that jotting down every meal into a notebook helps them eliminate high-calorie and unhealthy food. A food journal also helps one set a food routine and the frequency of snacking and also helps to calculate how many calories you are taking in on a single day.
3. Switch to Whole Grains instead of Refined Grains: Making that switch to whole grains (brown rice, oats, millets) from refined ones (maida) will give you that precious fiber, keep you full for longer, and bring down the overall calorie count considerably.
4. Eat Less of Calorie-Dense Food: Cakes, pastries, fast food, seed oils, chips, cookies, chips, are have high calories even in small quantities. Replace such foods with nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, whole grains, vegetables, etc.
5. Include More High-Fiber Food: Fiber is an important factor that is so essential to losing weight. A diet that lacks fiber will not help you shed weight. On the contrary, a diet which is rich in fiber has positive impacts on overall health, from improving digestion to mood swings. Fiber also helps reduce appetite to a great extent by regulating the production of hunger hormone “ghrelin.” Fiber content also reduces one’s appetite by slowing the movement of food through the gut. Since fiber has low glycemic index, it also does not spike up insulin and thus reduces the chance of extra calories getting stored up as fat in the body. Read about 12 Handy Tips to Add More Fiber to your Diet.
6. Cut down on High-Sodium Food: Processed food and ready-to-eat snacks all have high sodium content that have extremely high calories and you are probably eating a lot of salt and calories in a single meal.
7. Avoid deep-fried foods: When you deep fry food, you are lowering the nutrients and increasing the calorie content.
8. Swap Healthy Food Unhealthy Options: Here’s a list of 50 Healthy Food Swaps That Everyone Should Absolutely Try.
9. Low-Carb Veggies: Vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, radish, cucumber, zucchini, okra, eggplant, capsicum, bell peppers, cabbage, green beans are extremely low in carbs and calories and you can eat loads of them without actually worrying about calories.
10. Fill half of your plate with Veggies: As we have mentioned above, almost all veggies are low in calories a good idea to feel full without piling up calories is to cover half of your plate/bowl with vegetables.
11. Eat Protein-Rich Meals: Protein is an extremely important nutrient with regards to weight loss because it keeps you full for longer, keeping hunger pangs low. Include more protein in your diet because it also has thermogenic properties that would help in torching up of calories.
12. Preloading with Water: Water preloading is a healthy and almost effortless way to aid weight loss. In this strategy, experts recommend to consume 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such a quantity of water before the meal will significantly stretch your tummy and as a result, there would be lesser release of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.” This means you would feel full with less food and fewer calorie intake. It is an effective strategy to tackle overeating. It’s a fact that most of us do not consume enough water through the day, and most of the times, we are just thirsty and not really hungry. Frequent hunger pangs are most probably caused due to dehydration and if you can provide your body with more H2O, you can lose weight rather effectively. However, if a person suffers from heart or kidney ailment, water preloading should not be practiced without the approval of the doctor because it lead to fluid retention and shortness of breath in such individuals. Read more about “Water Preloading” here.
13. Eat from a Bowl: The sight of an almost-empty plate will convince you that you haven’t had enough food and you need more! That’s why eating from a heavy and full bowl instead of a big plate would help a great deal to cut down calories because it would trick your mind into believing you had lots of food.
14. Cut out empty calories: Diet soda, candies, chocolates, chips – all of them have empty calories and high sugar that cause sharp insulin spikes and subsequent drop in blood sugar levels, leaving you craving again for sugary delights. Cut these food completely to cut down calories without compromising on nutrition.
15. Eat Healthy Food in Moderation: We all agree that nuts, peanut butter, brown rice, oats are all healthy, but they still contain calories, so eat healthy food in moderation and practice portion control.
16. Stop using calorie-rich Salad Dressings: Your salad is healthy no doubt, but the store-bought salad dressing with high sugar and sodium content is not, and if you check, it’s high in calories too. Whip your own salad dressing at home to keep your salad low cal.
17. Distractions while eating can make you lose count of calories: Do not browse through phone or watch TV while eating because distractions like these can take your mind off the food, and it’s easy to overeat while doing both these activities.
18. Chewing Food Slowly will Help Cut down Calories: When you eat quickly, you are unknowingly eating more food whereas those who take a good amount of time to chew their food, will always eat less quantity because they reach satiation point during the eating process. When you eat too fast, your brain doesn’t get the signal to stop once you are full. This means that you often eat more than you actually require. Another interesting fact is that the brain takes about 20 minutes to register that you have eaten food and by slowing down, you can actually reach satiation point during the eating process itself and stop yourself from piling on extra pounds. When you eat slowly, you are reducing the intake of calories automatically.
19. Liquid calories through fruit juices/packaged juice: It’s wrong to assume that liquids such as fruit juices, are healthy, and would not add much calories. In fact, liquid calories get easily digested, and soon, you would be craving for more food, and in that way, would be adding more calories to the diet. Also, it’s a bit difficult to keep track of calories with liquids. Eat your fruit raw and in the fresh form always.
20. Completely Eliminate Refined Sugar: Packed with empty calories, they raise inflammation in the body leading to weight gain. Here’s what would happen if you stop Eating Sugar for 15 Days.
21. Eat Water-Dense Fruits: Fruits with high water content keep you satiated and full for a long time along with hydrating your body. Since water has zero calories, fruits with high water content do not pile up calories and can keep you in calorie deficit. Replacing junk food with water-rich fruits is a great idea to keep your metabolism high, burn fat, and supply your body with essential vitamins and nutrients. Here’s a list of Top 19 Water-Rich Fruits for Weight Loss.
The post How To Cut Calories Without Feeling Hungry All Day appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.