When you choose and eat healthy food, its effects can be seen on the weight loss obviously, but clean eating can make skin radiant, clear blemishes, and make hair strong and healthy as well. When we think of the typical beauty foods, food items such as yogurt, walnuts, tomato, strawberry, green tea, etc. come to mind. However, we list out some beauty foods that are commonly found and you can eat your way to fabulous skin with these foods:
1. Kiwi: This tiny and delicious little fruit is packed with a whole lot of Vitamin C, which can more than meet your daily needs of the vitamin. It helps build collagen and keeps your skin looking radiant and youthful by taking care of the fine lines.
2. Pumpkin: Once the pumpkin is cooked, it becomes a rich source of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene promotes the growth of skin cells and keeps your skin smooth and wrinkle-free.
3. Chickpeas: Chickpeas or channa is a low-glycemic food, which means that it helps keep acne, redness and inflammation on the skin in check.
4. Sunflower seeds: Another wonder food for acne-prone skin, sunflower seeds is loaded with Vitamin E. These seeds help boost immunity and fight bacteria and inflammation that can lead to acne.
5. Celery: Your skin will never feel dehydrated with celery because it is 95% water, extremely low in calories, and it’s high vitamin A, C, K content can make skin radiant and flawless.
6. Red Wine: Red wine is packed with antioxidants, some of which can help heal skin lesions caused by long-term sun damage. Of course, in the case of wine, the key is to consume it in moderation.
7. Carrot: Carrots contain carotenoid, which is known to boost the natural glow in your skin, leaving it looking healthy, plump and radiant.
8. Eggs: Eggs contain a high amount of protein and a small but ideal amount of fat. The Vitamin D as well as the essential fats in the yolk and the protein the egg white is an ideal combination for the skin, keeping it firm, youthful and clear.
9. Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate contains flavanols, which are known to improve blood circulation and keep the skin hydrated. Eating a small amount of dark chocolate (that is low on sugar) everyday can do wonders for your skin.
10. Soy: Japanese women include a lot of soy in their diet, and their skin stands testimony to the beauty wonders of this food. Soy improves the elasticity of the skin and helps maintain collagen, thereby keeping the skin looking youthful.
11. Kale: Kale contains loads of Vitamin C and Vitamin A, both of which are great for your skin. It also has powerful ingredients that help neutralize free radicals and protects your skin from UV damage in ways that even your sunscreen can’t. The best part is that homemade kale chips are the easiest to make and are such a tasty and nutritious snack!
12. Beetroot: Alia Bhat loves to sip on beetroot juice for glowing skin because it is high in vitamin C, acts as a blood purifier, and can boost collagen production in the skin. It also has antioxidants and beta carotene that would clear up skin and make it blemish free.
13. Spinach: Spinach is a superfood because it is rich in vitamin K, folate, antioxidants and can clear acne, blemishes, and even dark circles.
14. Curd: With its lactic acid and probiotics content, it detoxifies skin internally. Curd is a must-have for everyone for clear skin and that’s why curd is extensively used in face packs too.
15. Sweet Potatoes: Like carrots, sweet potatoes too have beta carotene that boost collagen production, and fight the signs of premature ageing.
16. Ginger: Did you know ginger has around 40 antioxidants and cancel out the harmful effects of free radicals that cause premature ageing. Ginger also boosts blood circulation and helps in fading away of scars.
17. Green Tea: With its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to flush out toxins, green tea is an effortless way to get radiant skin.
18. Chia Seeds: These tiny seeds comes under the “superfoods” because they are loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, vitamins, proteins, and minerals that are not only great for weight loss, they are equally amazing for the skin.
19. Coconut Oil: Removing makeup with coconut oil ensures that every trace of dirt and grime has been taken down, but there’s more to coconut oil – it helps to moisturize and make skin supple with its fatty acid content and is also a rich source of vitamin F.
20. Fish oil: Omega-3 fatty acids are extremely essential for weight loss, but they are equally important for keeping skin radiant and young. Fish oil is the best source of getting healthy fats and omega-3 fatty acids, and it makes skin soft and moisturized.
Incorporate some of these foods into your diet and you will see a marked improvement in your skin.
In addition to these foods, drinking a lot of water (and coconut water), keeping a check on your junk food intake and exercising regularly will all go a long way in keeping your skin clear, youthful and healthy.
Top 11 Skin, Hair And Nail Beauty Foods for Brides
5 Amazing Green Foods for Health and Beauty
Foods that Break Down the Belly Fat
10 Tips to Reduce Food Cravings
10 Simple Ways To Better Skin
5 Nourishing Coconut Milk Recipes for Better Health, Skin and Hair