Losing weight can be extremely easy if you follow the right kind of diet and get a little physical activity into the daily routine. Do stay away from outrageous diets that bring about temporary results where one might gain all the lost weight right back after a few days. In fact, fad diets that work on the concept of deprivation and starvation can lead to nutrient deficiencies too. Some weight loss diets are extremely restrictive, and can impact overall health, and that’s why one should pick a diet that encourages you to eat healthy and wholesome food. When you have made up the resolve to get healthy by losing weight, it would be a good idea to check out Rati Beauty weight loss diets where you can eat the right kind of food and shed extra kilos, without compromising on nutrition. However, to get maximum results, here are 15 things you should absolutely never do on a weight loss diet because you can actually sabotage the results by making these mistakes.
15 Things you Should Absolutely Never Do on a Weight Loss Diet:
1. Not giving the new diet enough running time: Just the way you haven’t put on weight overnight, you wouldn’t lose all that weight in a day or a week. Weight loss is a process that takes time to show results and it’s important to be patient, sticking to the diet diligently to see positive results.
2. Replace Water with Fruit Juices: Fruits are undoubtedly “powerhouses of nutrition” because almost all of them have vitamins, minerals, antioxidants in abundance that help to nourish the body, but replacing all the necessary “8 glasses of water per day” with fruit juices can slow down the rate at which you lose weight because water is absolutely essential to run all metabolic functions, including lipolysis, and that’s why one should never skimp on water or try to replace it with other liquid beverages. Also, fruit juices contain fructose (a type of sugar) which rapidly spikes up blood glucose in the absence of fiber content. All the excess sugar is then converted into glycogen and fat for storage. So, when one replaces water with fruit juices, you are replacing a completely zero-calorie drink (water) with sugar-rich fruit juices.
3. Opting only for Fat-Free Foods: What do most people do when they want to lose weight and eat healthy – get rid of all fat from the diet and pick everything low fat and fat free! What we are unaware is that going “low fat and fat free” can actually make your health worse. In fact, to lose weight and to lead a healthy life in general, you should consume the recommended intake of “good fat.” When fat content is ripped from food, it usually makes it bland and tasteless. To appeal to the tastebuds of consumers, companies add stuff lots of sugar, refined carbs, salt, emulsifiers, and thickeners which add high amount of calories to the body. Such a tendency defeats the whole purpose where one is actually going “low fat” to lose weight. Good fats help the body absorb essential vitamins which are all needed for good health and weight loss in general. Most food items that are marketed as “low fat” and “fat free” replace fat content with loads of carbs that when not used as energy, get stored as fat in the body, particularly, around the waist, resulting in belly fat. Olive oil, ghee, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds are all good sources of healthy fats.
4. Snacking Just Because you are Bored: Boredom eating is a common issue and people with the strongest willpower fall prey to it, but it’s important to dissociate boredom with food, and find other ways to counter boredom. Do find a new hobby, and get physically active to counter boredom.
5. Replace Homemade with Processed Food: Palak paneer is no doubt healthy, but only the homemade one and not something which comes in sealed packets because they are usually high in sodium, artificial flavours, colors, and preservatives, adding extra calories. Likewise, try to cook your own meals and totally refrain from incorporating processed food into the daily diet.
6. Comfort Eating/Stress Eating: Just like boredom eating, stress eating can jeopardize the whole weight loss process. Stress eating or emotional eating is a situation where one eats to feel good and pleasant, to cope up with trauma, to relieve stress, rather than to satisfy hunger. The food that emotional eaters choose are usually high-fat, high sugar, calorie-rich food full of transfat and other toxic ingredients, extremely unhealthy for the human body. When someone depends on food to cope with certain situations or to relieve stress, preoccupation with food takes over that person’s life and before he/she realizes, and they would end being obese with a high risk of developing type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Most comfort foods have loads of calories, sugar, unhealthy fat, and simple carbohydrates, and that’s why it becomes important to detach emotions and situations with food.
7. Become orthorexic: Healthy eating is great for weight loss but not when it becomes a disorder and obsession where one develops an aversion to food that does not fit into certain rules of “clean eating.” That’s why Rati Beauty weight loss diet gives dieters space for cheat meals once a week.
8. Completely give up on all your favorite food because it does not fit in your diet: What are cheat days for? As mentioned above, do indulge in your favorite food (outside of your diet) once a week to keep cravings in check so that you would not be anxious to get off the diet just to taste your favorite food.
9. Store Junk Food and Unhealthy Snacks: When you do not shop for and store unhealthy snacks and junk food in the home, you would not reach out for them when you are bored or stressed out. The “out of sight, out of mind” formula would work absolutely amazingly here and help to stick to your diet better.
10. Set Unrealistic Goals: Do not set yourself unrealistic goals which can only lead to frustration and demotivate you from working further. Losing even 1 kg per week is great and can be considered a realistic goal. If someone is promising 10 kg weight loss in one week, it’s not going to happen. Always set yourself goals that are doable.
11. Sneak in Artificial Sweeteners: Are you missing sugar in tea and coffee, and so sneaking in artificial sweeteners instead of healthy alternatives (Best Replacements for Refined Sugar) to white sugar? If yes, then you are totally sabotaging your weight loss goals because prolonged use of artificial sweeteners can lead to weight gain.
12. Eat at Erratic Timings: Although some people do advocate eating only when hungry; it does help a great deal to stick to fixed meal timings. Check out Rati Beauty weekly diets to find out appropriate meal timings.
13. Stretch Cheat Meals into Cheat Days: Cheat meal is an important factor in any diet because when you cut calories to lose weight, the body tends to lower down metabolism to hold on to fat storage more tightly. Over a period of time, you would hit a weight loss plateau where the body slows down its metabolism to preserve fat. To avoid such situations, cheat meal once a week is necessary for tricking the body and making it believe that food is available and it’s okay to continue burning fat. Cheat meal helps to reset a sluggish metabolism, so do indulge in a cheat meal when you are out with your family or friends to continue losing weight at a faster pace, but do make sure that weekends do not turn into a binge party, and cheat meals do not stretch into an entire day of cheating.
14. Depending solely on the Weighing Scale to gauge Success: When you start out on your weight loss journey, by following a healthy diet and exercise routine, the one thing that you start obsessing with is the “weighing scale.” Day after day, when you see the scale tipping in your favor, you get fixated with it and gain that confidence and motivation to work hard on yourself and shed some more weight. But there comes a stage during your weight loss journey when you actually don’t see any progress at all on the weighing scale and it’s called hitting the “weight loss plateau,” which is an inevitable phase during the journey to shed weight. During such a phase, when you don’t see any results for your hard work, it’s easy to get demotivated and jump off the weight loss wagon. weight loss is not just about low numbers on the scale, there are a lot more numbers that you are probably overlooking that might be showing your progress. Getting to know more about these numbers (for example, loose clothes, improved lab profile) will get you you excited again and jumpstart your sluggish weight loss journey all over again. Read all about them here.
15. Skewing up Sleeping Hours: One of the easiest ways to weight gain is by sleeping for only a few hours each night! Less number of shuteye can dip the metabolism, hamper the performance of fat-burning hormones and enzymes, and raise the level of stress hormone cortisol. In fact, sleep deprivation, is the fastest route to obesity. Sleep like a baby for at least 7 hours every night to fire up your weight loss efforts.
The post 15 Things you Should Absolutely Never Do on a Weight Loss Diet appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.