Dealing with acne scars needs much more patience than dealing with the acne itself. You can treat acne in a day or two, but their scars take weeks and months to fade away. Thus, here is a list of 10 home remedies for acne scars to treat them effectively. So, let’s get into it.
10 Natural Home Remedies to Fade Acne Scars:
1. Almond and Egg White Face Mask: The protein in the egg heals the skin and reduces the acne marks. On the other hand, almond moisturizes the skin and treats blemishes and scars. The combination of egg and almond makes the skin even toned and tightens the pores as well. Soak 4-5 almonds overnight and make their fine paste in the next morning. Take an egg white and add almond paste to it. Whisk the ingredients to make a homogenous mixture. Apply the face mask as thick as possible and let it dry. Later, wash it off with lukewarm to normal water. Apply the face mask twice a week for best results.
2. Tomato, Cucumber, and Lemon Juice Mask: The enzymes present in these juices exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells. This face mask effectively lightens the acne scars and treats blemishes as well. Not to mention, it provides with an enhanced complexion and even-toned skin. Take equal amounts of tomato juice, cucumber juice, and lemon juice. Mix them well and apply over the cleansed skin. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash off with normal water. Apply every alternative day for best results.
3. Chamomile Tea and Witch Hazel Toner: The antioxidants present in the chamomile repairs the skin. Chamomile possesses bleaching property that lightens the acne scars and enhances the skin complexion. Witch hazel is known for its astringent property. It treats inflammation and reduces the acne scars effectively. Take a half cup each of chamomile tea and witch hazel. Add a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil. Pour the mixture into a spritz bottle and keep refrigerated. For best results, apply twice a day.
4. Orange Peel and Yogurt Face Mask: Orange peel is a rich source of vitamin C that lightens the acne scars and improves the skin complexion. On the other hand, yogurt moisturizes the skin and keeps it blemish free. Take a tablespoon of orange peel powder. Add enough amount of yogurt to make a thick and smooth paste. If desired, add a pinch of turmeric as well. Apply the face mask over cleansed skin and leave for 20 minutes. Later, rinse off with normal water. For best results, apply the mask twice a week.
5. Pomegranate Peel Scrub: Pomegranate peel possesses powerful antioxidants, vitamin C and vitamin E that help in reducing the acne scars effectively. With sugar in combination, the scrub gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells. Take two tablespoons of pomegranate peel powder and powdered sugar. Add enough amount of rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply over the acne scars and leave for 5-7 minutes. Later, start scrubbing it off and wash it with normal water. Apply twice a week for better results.
6. Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Honey Face Mask: Cinnamon and nutmeg are known to boost the oxygen circulation. This, in turn, reduces acne scars and makes the skin clear. On the other hand, raw honey provides antibacterial property to the skin while moisturizing it at the same time. Take a teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg powder. Add two teaspoons of raw honey and mix it well. Apply the face mask over cleansed and damp skin. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Later, rinse it off with lukewarm water. For best results, apply the face mask at least twice a week.
7. Potato Juice and Green Tea overnight face mask: The enzymes present in potato juice help in clearing up the skin and reduce the chances of further breakouts. In combination with green tea, the face mask will improve the skin complexion. Take equal amounts of potato juice and green tea. Mix them well and apply over the cleansed face at night. Next morning, wash it off with normal water. Use it every alternate day for best results.
8. Gram Flour and Saffron Facial Cleansing Powder: Gram flour promotes exfoliation of the skin. It cleanses the skin effectively and removes dead skin cells, reduces acne marks and treats blemishes as well. Saffron helps in clearing up the acne marks and improves the complexion. Take a tablespoon of gram flour and a pinch or two of saffron powder. Add enough amount of rose water to make a paste. Apply over the skin and work in circular motion. Later rinse off with normal water. You can store the mixture in an air-tight container.
9. Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack For Acne Scars: This face mask made with nutmeg and milk not only helps fade away acne scars, it also brightens up the complexion. To make this mask, you would need one whole nutmeg with skin removed, 1 tbsp of milk, 1 strand of saffron, and a stone to grind all these ingredients. Pour a little milk onto the grinder and put in the saffron strand. Grind the saffron strand using the nutmeg itself. Apply a little pressure and move the nutmeg round in circles. If the mixture starts to feel dry, add in a little milk again. Keep grinding the nutmeg with milk until a desired quantity is achieved. Remove the paste into a bowl and apply it on the face and neck. Apply on the skin. Minimum time is at least 30 minutes to get a good effect. You can also leave it overnight to get best results. Nutmeg contains essential oils that are beneficial for your skin. Along with that, it also has antiseptic properties which help fight pimples and acne. Nutmeg is also known to be a sleep inducer. Milk is known to be a skin moisturizer and softener. The combination of the two works wonders in this mask. It makes the skin brighter and fairer up to two shades. The pigmentation has gone down considerably. It has even helped me with my sun spots. They have also faded to some extent. I really do not need to apply any other moisturizer after washing off this mask since milk moisturizes but does not break out my skin. The addition of saffron also adds to the benefits of the mask. Saffron’s exfoliating qualities make it a wonderful aid in clearing and brightening up the complexion. It helps in blood circulation resulting in a glowing skin.
10. Vitamin E Capsule: Vitamin E is a wonderful ingredient to fade away acne scars and get flawless skin. It also has moisturizing properties and soothes the skin. Cut open one or two vitamin E capsules and apply the contents directly on to the skin. Vitamin E is great for all skin types including sensitive and acne-prone skin. You can also leave vitamin E overnight.
How To Take Vitamin C and Vitamin E For Your Skin
7 Homemade Banana Face Packs for All Skin Types
Tomato Facial For Dull and Oily Skin with Pictures
Refreshing Cucumber and Mint Facial Mist + Ice Cubes
20 Ways To Remove Acne Scars and Pimple Marks