Matcha green tea provides a lot of benefits to the skin and hair. Matcha green tea is believed to have 137 times more antioxidants than regular green tea. The polyphenol content neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals and the anti-inflammatory properties help reduce acne breakouts too. Matcha also helps to even out skin tone and restore skin’s elasticity. It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and other essential nutrients that can keep your skin and hair healthy. It’s also the best way to detox skin because it provides a great deal of antioxidants. If you already drink the matcha green tea, then you can reap its benefits with some DIYs as well. So, in this post, we will list out some DIY recipes with matcha green tea for beautiful skin.
1. Matcha Body Scrub: Matcha green tea and epsom salt together aid the detox process of the skin. If your skin feels dull and tired, especially because of pollution, then this body scrub will improve your skin. Coconut water will provide a lot of hydration and nourishment to your body. So, all in all, this body scrub is a must to get a spa-like experience. Take half cup of sea salt or epsom salt, half cup of matcha green tea powder and some coconut water; mix all the ingredients together to make a thick mixture. Store it in an airtight container to make it last longer.
2. Matcha Steam Facial: With matcha steam facial, you can get spa-like results at your home. Matcha tea offers antibacterial property that kills acne causing bacteria. The steam facial will make your facial skin to sweat, thus eliminating dirt from the skin. Not to mention, it can clear up clogged pores and provide you with a radiant complexion. Boil an appropriate amount of water required for the facial steam. Infuse the boiled water with 2 bags of matcha tea and jasmine tea each. If you do not own jasmine tea, go for an essential oil. Let the temperature of water come down to a bearable limit and then you can enjoy your facial steam.
3. Matcha Face Pack: The matcha green tea face pack protects your skin from sun damage and its nutrients help in brightening the complexion. The antioxidants present in matcha green tea help in skin rejuvenation. This pack stimulates blood circulation and helps in clearing up the complexion. Not to mention, it makes the skin even-toned by treating skin discolouration. Take a tablespoon of matcha green tea powder, half a banana and appropriate amount of raw milk or coconut milk. Blend all the ingredients to make a smooth paste. You can mash them as well, but blending gives a better consistency. Apply the face pack over cleansed face and let it sit for 20 minutes. Later, wash it off with lukewarm water.
4. Anti-Ageing Matcha Green Tea Mask: Take 1/2 tbsp of matcha powder, and mix it with 1 tbsp of almond oil and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Whip it all up and massage the face and neck area for 5 minutes and keep it on for another 20 minutes. The nourishing properties of almond oil, coconut oil and the antioxidant benefits of matcha tea make this an effective anti-ageing face mask.
5. Simple Matcha Green Tea Mask: This is a one-ingredient mask because it can be made by taking 2 tbsp of matcha powder with 1 tbsp or more of plain water. You can even add rose water instead of plain water. Make a smooth layer and apply all over face and neck. Leave for 20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
The post 5 Ways to Get Antioxidant Benefits of Matcha Green Tea appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.