Why do we workout? To look our best and to get healthy or to lose weight and get a toned physique, but what if your hard work to shed off the fat is damaging your skin. Sweat during your workout session can cause clogged pores and lead to acne and breakouts if one does not take post-workout skincare seriously. Since right now, most of us are exercising at home, this article would help you to get a toned figure without having any skincare issues.
14 Amazing Skincare Tips to Follow After Workout at Home:
1. Makeup and sweat together doesn’t sound so good does it? No matter what kind of waterproof and sweatproof products you use during workout time, it can lead to clogged pores with sweat and cause a breakout. Before your workout, remove all traces of makeup from your face. Use a makeup remover or facial wipes, and go bare face.
2. Tie your hair up and make sure they don’t fall on your face. You can also wear a head band so that the sweat doesn’t drip on your face, it’ll look retro, but your skin will thank you for not wearing one.
3. Apply a moisturising lip balm because we tend to breathe through our mouth while working out and that makes our lips dry.
4. Always keep a fresh face towel for each workout session. Wash this face towel only in mild detergent, otherwise, it may cause rashes and irritation on sensitive skin.
5. Apply a non-comedogenic sunscreen if you are going to workout in the park or outdoors. Also, make sure your sunscreen is water based and sweat proof.
6. Wear loose workout clothes as this will help your sweat to dry faster and avoid any infections. And if you workout at a gym or someplace where people use the same equipment, avoid shorts and backless tops to keep your skin safe from any infection.
7. After you are finished with your workout, clean your face using a mild and non-alcoholic cleanser. People who workout tend to have more dead skin cells, so I recommend using an exfoliating brush or silicone pad along with your cleanser. Follow this with a toner (if you use one) and a moisturiser.
8. Scrub your face once a week with a gentle scrub once a week to slough off dry and dead skin cells. If you are a fan of DIY skincare, here’s a homemade scrub that you can make it all by yourself with easily-available ingredients.
9. If you are not able to wash your face right after your workout, carry cleansing wipes or baby wipes to clean your face.
10. Don’t neglect your body since it’ll have even more dead skin cells than your face. Use a loofah (it also helps a little in getting rid of cellulite). And after the shower, use a good moisturiser. If you’re working out to lose weight, or perform weight training exercises or stretch (which you definitely should) use a heavy duty moisturizer on the areas where you’re likely to get stretch marks. Moisturising is the only thing that’ll prevent stretch marks.
11. If your hair gets greasy quite often, instead of washing it daily, use a dry shampoo because washing your hair daily will damage them a lot. If you don’t want to splurge on a dry shampoo, make your own homemade dry shampoo as mentioned here.
12. Keep sipping on water through the workout and even after to replenish water lost through sweating. Loads of water will actually help both your skin and muscles.
13. Wait for 20 minutes before going into the shower as you need to properly cool down the body and bring the heart rate to normal before you can head out to the shower.
14. Do not forget to moisturize your skin with a good moisturizer to replenish water the skin has lost during exercise to make sure the skin remains healthy and glowing.
Last but not the least, sanitize your phone, earphones, headphones, or any other gadget that you use during your workout. If you wear spectacles, do sanitize them as they can harbour bacteria and trigger breakouts.
The more time and energy you spend to burn off the calories, the more you need to take care of the skin as well. Sweating is good for your skin since you are clearing out your pores, but only if the skin is taken care of properly after that. Make sure you eat healthy, stay away from white carbs and processed food. Increase your fibre intake. And also drink lots of water. This will not only help you achieve your dream figure, but will also keep skin woes at bay and make your skin glow.
The post 14 Amazing Skincare Tips to Follow After Workout at Home appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.