Skincare experts say skincare should become a top priority after hitting 25. The production of collagen and elastin fibers which keep the skin taut and firm, start to decline, and without proper care, premature ageing can set in pretty early. The demands of our skin change every year and what worked in the early 20s would seem to be ineffective in treating skincare woes in the late 20s. So, in this post, we have compiled the best skincare tips for women in their late 20s.
1. Facial Lymphatic Drainage Massage once a week: One of the best and natural ways to get rid to tone and lift the skin is by indulging in lymphatic drainage massage frequently. Such kind of massage encourages drainage of toxins and boosts the detoxification process. Your skin becomes depuffed and detoxified, looks visibly brighter, and as the blood circulation improves, your skin feels invigorated and looks refreshed from within. It also helps in chiseling your face to some extent, for a naturally contoured face. One of the best tools to do lymphatic massage is by using a jade roller here’s – full method here explained here. This kind of a massage also tones facial muscles, increases blood circulation, boosts collagen production, and acts as a great anti-aging tool.
2. Switch to Gentle Exfoliators: In the late 20s, the production of collagen and elastin drops, and regular exfoliation will boost cell turnover, keeping skin radiant and bright. But do remember to use only gentle exfoliators that aren’t too harsh and abrasive on the skin. Here’s a list of 9 Best Face Exfoliators for Soft and Velvety Skin.
3. Stay Hydrated with at least 2 liters of water a day: To make your skin glow and radiate from within, stay hydrated and help your body flush out toxins by drinking ample amount of water. Set reminders on your phone every hour to sip at least one glass of water each time.
4. Eat Healthy: When you switch to a healthy diet such as on Rati Beauty app, you not only get to lose oodles of weight, your skin will also glow inside out.
5. Use soft washcloth to wipe face: Make sure you use only a soft towel to pat dry your face because towels with rough fabric can cause friction and accelerate signs of ageing to appear on the skin faster.
6. Say no to fragrance in skincare and beauty products: Skincare and makeup brands add artificial fragrances in their products to appeal to customers, but unknown to many, strong fragrances can trigger inflammation in the deep layers of the skin that can damage the skin and make fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles to appear sooner, as early as in your 30s. Look for fragrance-free skincare and makeup products to keep your skin happy.
7. Include Retinoids/Retinol-Based Products in Skincare: Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A which stimulates collagen production, improves the texture and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Here’s a list of 9 Best Retinol Creams for all skin types.
8. Glycolic Acid is a Wonder Ingredient: From exfoliating skin, to smoothing the texture, to reducing fine lines and spots, glycolic acid does it all! And glycolic acid is relatively easy to find in face washes, lotions, serums, and ointments and quite inexpensive too. Read why Glycolic Acid is good for all skin types.
9. Start Oil Cleansing ASAP: From fighting acne to keeping away wrinkles, oil cleansing with simple oils such as almond oil, coconut oil can clean and nourish the skin at the same time. Here’s how you can do oil cleansing with oils at home.
10. Start using caffeine-based eye cream: No one should skip an eye cream, especially after hitting 25 because expression lines begin to show up before the 30s, and a caffeine-based eye cream can reduce dark circles, get rid of puffiness, and delay the appearance of wrinkles.
11. Hand cream is a Must Skincare Item: If you ask us, anti-ageing should start with a good hand cream because our hands tend to show the first signs of ageing, and before we realize it, the damage would already have been done.
12. See a dermatologist once a year: The needs of your skin would change with each passing year and that’s why experts suggest seeing a dermatologist to switch to appropriate products to boost collagen and to keep skin youthful and radiant.
13. Say no to alcohol in skincare products: Alcohol in skincare products can leave skin dry, inflamed, and disturb the delicate barrier of skin, and it’s not for any age group, particularly someone in their late 20s.
14. Moisturize, Moisturize, and Moisturize Some More: As we age, the hydration and moisture levels start to decline, and that’s why it’s important to replenish moisture back into the skin all through the day. Check out this list of Best Fragrance-Free Moisturizers for all skin types.