Let’s admit it, weight loss is on everyone’s mind right now, as we step into the New Year with resolutions to get fitter, healthier, and a few pounds lighter. To help you achieve that, we have listed down 32 foolproof fat loss tips so that you don’t have to resort to slimming belts, pills or detox drinks that hardly work. So, let’s start:
1. Follow Weight Loss diets on Rati Beauty App: Lose weight by eating the right kind of food and without starving all through the day. Find out how scores of people have lost oodles of weight by following healthy diet on the Rati Beauty app.
2. Include protein source in each meal: Protein is an essential macronutrient that is essential to build cells, muscle, and everything in your body. Protein also takes longer to digest and secretes a hormone in the gut called “peptide YY” which curbs appetite and keeps you full for longer. Protein also reduces cravings and helps in limiting calorie intake. Here are a few good sources of protein that can be included on a daily basis.
3. Avoid Crash Dieting: The results achieved through crash dieting do not last for long and short term and you would eventually gain back all weight loss once you come out of crash dieting (that is if you manage to lose any weight). Secondly, severe calorie restriction severely effects the smooth running of body functions. Crash dieting also would leave you with little or absolutely no energy to do workouts or exercise, so there you go – multiple reasons why you should not try crash diet. Eat adequate calories, refer to Rati Beauty weight loss tips.
4. Cover half of your plate with veggies: Cover half of your plate with vegetables and this would be eating nutritious food without packing on loads of calories.
5. Find Ways to Guzzle Water: Make a point to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day to lose weight. When we say, “drink at least 8 glasses of water each day,” it helps to speed up weight loss by flushing out toxins, has absolutely no calories, boosts metabolism, and keeps hunger pangs in check. Also, dehydration can lead to water retention, adding more pounds to the body albeit temporary. Since the human body is made of approximately 60% water, it is absolutely essential to run all key functions in the body, from digestion to synthesis of various hormones and enzymes in the body. It is also important for muscle function and for the fat-burning process.
6. Have one cheat meal per week: Do indulge in your favorite food (if it’s not part of your diet) once a week to keep cravings in check so that you would not be anxious to get off the diet just to taste your favorite food. A cheat meal also resets a sluggish metabolism so that you can burn more calories over the next few days.
7. Eat local produce: Fruits and vegetables that are available locally tend to retain their nutrients because they are fresh than the ones that have been imported.
8. Give up processed food: The first thing you need to create a calorie deficit is to give up on processed food that is loaded with sugar, salt, and transfat which have huge amount of empty calories in them and quickly piles on calories. Eat whole foods, fruits, and vegetables to boost weight loss.
9. Say no to added sugar: Sugar is the main culprit that leads to weight gain. The body breaks down sugar into glucose molecules, and excess glucose gets converted to fat and gets stored, mostly around the belly area. By cutting down sugar, you would be able to shed weight really well and get your dream body and goal weight quickly. A lot of women complain how difficult it is to get rid of belly fat, even with diet and exercise, but, let us tell you, belly fat will melt away only if you cut down on sugar!
10. Say yes to healthy fats: The biggest misconception a majority of people have is that you have to avoid all kinds of “fat” while dieting. On the contrary, healthy fats such as those found in coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, almonds, Brazil nuts, avocado, banana, egg yolks, cheese, ghee, dark chocolate, chia seeds etc., can help mobilize fatty acids within the cells and helps in burning fat.
11. Swap regular chocolate with dark chocolate: Full of antioxidants, dark chocolate curbs appetite, boosts metabolism, reduce the risk of insulin resistance, and reduces inflammation – all leading to weight loss.
12. Chew food thoroughly: If you chew your food slowly and completely, the digestive enzymes in the saliva get activated which in turn will help fasten the digestive process and help with overall metabolism which will in turn help with fat burning. When you eat too fast, your brain doesn’t get the signal to stop once you are full. This means that you often eat more than you actually require. Another interesting fact is that the brain takes about 20 minutes to register that you have eaten food and by slowing down, you can actually reach satiation point during the eating process itself and stop yourself from piling on extra pounds.
13. Add black pepper to eggs: Love sprinkling black pepper on your breakfast eggs in the morning or crushing it in the “kada” to boost immunity? Either ways, you are unknowingly helping the body burn fat. A little amount of black pepper can help burn a good amount of calories. Learn how How Black Pepper Helps to Boost Weight Loss Process here.
14. Add these metabolism-boosting foods: Eating the right kind of food can help stimulate and recharge the metabolism. Here’s how you can supercharge metabolism and accelerate weight loss.
15. Strengthen the gut: A robust gut is an important key that can unlock your weight loss goal. The healthy bacteria that reside in your intestines help to fight pathogens and unhealthy bacteria. Taking prebiotics and probiotics will help maintain the healthy bacteria in your gut, and as a result, fat burning hormones stay in balance and accelerate the weight loss process.Here’s How Prebiotics Can Help you Lose Weight and Reduce Belly Fat.
16. Meal Prep: Meal prepping promotes the habit of healthy eating and saves a lot of time during hectic weekdays where there is little time to cook homemade food. Preparing batches of healthy food and storing them up in the fridge, that would last for most days in the week will save a lot of money, and cut down loads of calories that make their way through ordered foods from restaurants and eateries.
17. Include these Superfoods: Such nutritionally-dense food contain high amounts of vitamins, antioxidants, protein, fiber, and minerals. Check out 14 Indian Alternatives for International Superfoods that help with weight loss.
18. Sip on Green Tea: It’s absolutely necessary to include green tea into the weight loss diet because it is full of antioxidants and a natural diuretic which would help you shed water weight from the body. It will be all the more great if tea can be completely replaced with green tea.
19. Train your brain to resist junk food: Yes, you can actually train your brain to resist junk food and here are 20 Clever Ways to Resist Junk Food.
20. Cook your own meals: You will save quite a lot of money as well as calories when you prepare your own food. When you cook all by yourself, you have complete control over the amount of oil and salt in your food. It will also save you from the unhealthy taste enhancers such as monosodium glutamate (ajinomoto) that are not only high in calories, they disrupt the hormonal balance and cause metabolic disorders. Also, the relatively plain sandwich that you may order have an unusual amount of mayonnaise and other calorie-rich condiments to add taste to your food. Check out Rati Beauty diet programs for delicious meal ideas that are healthy and a delight to the palate.
21. Sleep for 7 Hours: Not getting enough sleep can destroy your weight loss goals by slowing down your metabolism and preventing the body from burning calories Low sleeping hours will also activate the level of hunger hormone “ghrelin” and you will wake up “hangry” in the morning. And that’s why do not Get up from the Bed without completing 7 Hours of Sleep.
22. Find ways to destress: Stress can increase the level of a hormone called “cortisol,” which leads to weight gain. So, one major tip to lose weight, lower your stress levels. In addition to ruining your sleep, increased stress can play havoc with your fat-burning hormones, lower metabolism, and also encourage the body to store more fat – a complete nightmare when you are trying to prevent all those extra calories from feasting from accumulating at the wrong places.
23. Control Insulin Spikes: Insulin converts food into fat and prevent the body from tapping into the fat reserves. Unknown to many, insulin, a hormone which regulates blood sugar levels in the body, is apparently also a fat-storing hormone, which tells the body cells to store fat and also prevents breakdown of fat. Frequent snacking raises insulin levels in the body and too many insulin spikes through the day will result in creation of new fat cells. Restrict snacking to just twice a day, without indulging in high-calorie food. Opt for healthy snacks like apple and nuts such as almonds, walnuts, or even peanuts.
24. Load up on Fiber: Fiber keeps you full for longer and keeps the gut bacteria happy, leading to significant weight loss.
25. Switch from Refined Carbs to Complex Carbs: Refined carbs are a complete no-no when dieting. Replace refined carbs like maida with complex carbohydrate foods like legumes, oats, sweet potatoes, brown rice, rajma, quinoa, whole wheat pasta, etc.
26. These spices boost weight loss: There are certain hers and spices that are thermogenic in nature and these 8 Herbs and Spices Accelerate the whole Weight Loss process.
27. Give up transfat: Transfat food is commonly found in fried food, packaged baked items, even margarine. Check this post on 15 Transfat Food Items you should Avoid to Lose Weight Effectively
28. Journal Food Diary: Keeping a journal of what goes into your plate and eventually into your mouth would help you track and cut out extra calories and junk from your daily diet. Cutting out calorie-rich food items will help create a calorie deficit which would eventually help you lose weight.
29. Eat Mindfully: Chewing slowly is a part of mindful eating because it recommends enjoying each bite of food and being aware of the quality and quantity of food that you are consuming. Avoid transfat, high sugar, high calorie food and include lots of vegetables and whole grains in your diet.
30. Maintain Calorie Deficit: When a calorie deficit is created, our body starts sourcing energy from stored fat. Most usually, it’s the fat that is stored around hips, belly, thighs, and arms. When calories fall short from the food we consume, gradually the fat deposits get used up and that’s how you lose weight. For example, when you consume 1500 calories in a day and burn 2000 calories through exercise and being active for most part of the day, you are in calorie deficit. Read about 18 Awesome Tips to Create Calorie Deficit to Lose Weight.
31. Get Active: To boost metabolism and to burn off calories, mandatorily take out at least one hour from your day to engage in physical activity. Simple exercises like brisk walking, jogging in the park will also do a great deal for your body. Working out at the gym of course comes highly recommended. Also, practicing NEAT activities (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight.
32. Portion Control: Portion control is essential to stop piling on the pounds and here’s how 10 Tips to Portion Control for Weight Loss. Here are 10 Tips on How to Practice Portion Control.