Detoxification is a process that can improve overall health by flushing out toxins and resetting the metabolism, but detoxifying skin on a regular basis can help draw out toxins from the top layer of skin, clear blemishes and congestion, prevent breakouts, and add radiance and glow to the skin. In this post, we explain through tips on how to detoxify your skin naturally.
Skin detoxification can be easily followed at home and that too with natural ingredients. Before jumping to natural ways of skin detoxification, we would like to mention some benefits of detoxifying skin at decent intervals of time:
Advantages of Skin Detoxification:
- Makes skin soft and supple, no need to opt for expensive facials.
- Brings about natural radiance and long-lasting glow, hard to achieve from expensive skincare creams and serums.
- Prevents premature ageing, hydrates skin.
- Helps clear breakouts.
- Clears congestion of skin.
A complete skin detoxification comprises some lifestyle changes which are essential to accomplish the process and to receive worthwhile outcomes. Below is a list of ways to detoxify your skin naturally:
1. Cut Down White Sugar: Cakes, pastries, cookies, jams, sweets – these do taste good, but they can come between you and flawless skin. The sugar and refined carbs in these foods can trigger inflammation of the skin. Cutting down sugar will have an amazing reaction on your skin because insulin spikes caused by high refined sugar in the body causes inflammation of skin which leads to premature ageing, wrinkles, acne, and uneven skin tone. If you want to look 10 years younger, then the first thing you should do is eliminate sugar from your system. Sugar in the bloodstream leads to a process called “glycation,” in which sugar molecules damage the collagen and elastin (responsible for suppleness and firmness) in our skin. Cutting down glucose will lower down inflammation of the skin and you can get your youthful glow back within two weeks. So, when you cut back on sugar, you can say bye bye to acne and wrinkles for as long as you want.
2. Include These Natural Ingredients in your Skincare Routine: Rather than following just the usual cleansing-toning-moisturizing routine, power up your skin care routine with a bunch of detox ingredients that are natural too. They can clear congested skin and wash away all the dirt, grime and stress from your skin. Read about those “6 Ingredients That Can Actually Detoxify Your Skin” in this post.
3. Check out this detailed “Perfect Detox Plan to Get Radiant Skin.”
4. Give your Skin a Break: Who amongst us doesn’t like makeup? Regular use of chemical-laden makeup can stress your skin out, leading to congestion. So, be kind to your skin and give your skin that much needed break from those unwanted chemicals for at least a couple of days or a week. If you can’t quit, try to include organic and herbal based makeup products.
5. Follow a Healthy Diet: A majority of toxins harming your skin might be coming from a bad diet. Change track and switch to a healthy diet such as on the Rati Beauty not only to lose weight, but to clear up skin and make it flawless as well.
6. Drink Green Tea: Start your day with a full glass of water and follow up with green tea instead of tea or coffee. Green tea supply a lot of antioxidants to the body and help in neutralizing free radicals that damage the skin.
7. Switch to Alkaline-Rich Fruits and Vegetables: Excess intake of acidic food can raise inflammation in the body, and causing skin woes. To balance the amount of acid and alkaline in your body, just switch to alkaline-rich foods such as apple, broccoli, banana, pears, spinach, watermelon etc.
8. Drink Lots of H2O: Drinking water through the day is the most effective way to detox your body and skin. Water cleanses the whole body and flushes out toxins from the system. In fact, just don’t restrict the water intake to 8 glasses of water per day, drink as much water as you can because it has zero calories and wouldn’t have any negative impact on your weight.
Hope you found these tips mentioned above useful and apply them to detoxify your skin naturally and at home.