There are no quick fixes to losing weight, it’s a process that takes time, effort, and above all, a lot of patience. Those fat-melting pills and fat-cutter diets that promise fat loss within 10 days are surviving on gimmicks, and are best avoided because they simply would not work. With weight loss, it has been proven that it does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don’t stop! Some hard truths have to be told and we have taken upon ourselves to tell you these truths which when put in the right perspective will bring about great success in terms of weight loss and inch loss. So, let’s get started:
1. Your Body is Fighting All of your Weight Loss Efforts: There cannot be a more harsher truth than the fact that the body absolutely hates letting go of its fat deposits. When you work hard to lose weight, your body will work harder to save all the extra fat. After losing the initial 5 or 10 kg (of course through diet and exercise), the body switches to an energy-conserving mode, slowing down metabolism, increasing fat-storing hormones such as insulin, ghrelin, making it difficult to shed weight. Weight loss can come to a halt when important hormones like thyroid, cortisol, testosterone, estrogen, leptin, human growth hormone, ghrelin, and most importantly, insulin go out of whack. If you’ve lost weight in the past due to exercise and you are still following the same kind of routine, the body will adapt to this routine, and as a result, you will see no considerable weight loss results. You have to trick your body so that it lets go of its fat reserves. Here’s what you do when “What To Do When your Body Fights Weight Loss.”
2. Processed Food Has Changed your Tastebuds, Making Healthy Food Bland: If you crave for unhealthy food all day long (which is usually high in calories and provide little to zero nourishment to the body) and find the taste of healthy food absolutely bland and tasteless, most probably, processed food that is high in sodium, artificial flavours, sugar, transfat, and other unhealthy ingredients have dulled out tastebuds and palate. In this post, we have explained in detail How To Reprogram your Taste Buds to Like Healthy Food.
3. You Can’t Outrun a Bad Diet: Weight loss is all about 80% diet and 20% exercise. We all know that when we consume more calories than we can burn, our bodies tend to store all those extra ones as fat, under the skin (subcutaneous fat) and around the abdomen and internal organs (visceral fat). Calorie surplus on a daily basis leads to weight gain and obesity. On the contrary, when your body expends more calories than you eat, it taps into glycogen stores for energy. After the glycogen store has been used up, it then turns to stored fat for more energy. When more and more fat stores get utilized, you start to lose weight. Such a process can happen in two ways – by creating a calorie deficit through dieting and by increasing physical activity. Placing a great importance on the right kind of diet to lose weight can fetch rich dividends because exercise can never outrun a bad diet. One can never undo a bad diet by exercising. But the good news is that you can achieve both weight loss and inch loss by going on a weight loss program such as on the Rati Beauty app, where you can get to a lighter version of yourself along with slimming down visibly.
4. Diet Supplements Would Not Do The Trick: Just because diet supplements are easily available and are promoted as the “one stop solution” to lose weight, but pinning all your hopes on a single supplement or a group of supplements to melt away all fat, without concentrating on the diet would show zero results. Such supplements and fad diets just make you lose your water weight and you end up gaining more kgs in the near future.
5. The Diet That Worked for your Friend Will Not Work For you: If a diet program or certain foods have triggered weight loss for your friend, it doesn’t mean it will work for you too. That’s why, check out the different weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app by choosing the right weight loss diet according to your food preferences, lifestyle, weight, etc.
6. Women Lose Weight Slowly Compared to Men: Studies have pointed out that when it comes weight loss, there is inequality in how men and women burn fat and shed weight, and the way both the genders are wired contributes just a bit to this stark difference. Women tend to have up to 11% extra body fat than men and it’s a part of evolution, and we can change nothing about it. There are a whole lot of other factors which can slow down and decelerate the weight loss process for women, but the good news is that, most of these can be reversed. Since men have more lean muscle compared to women, they tend to burn more fat and do have higher metabolism and all these factors rank up high in the weight loss criteria. They can naturally burn fat and lose weight quicker. So, don’t compare yourself to men because they tend to lose weight a little more quickly. Stay motivated and stick to your diet and exercise routine.
7. Fat Cutters and Melters Will Not Work: They are just that gimmicks, because nothing can push the body to lose weight except a healthy diet with calorie deficit and regular physical activity.
8. You Got to Make Lifestyle Changes: To lose weight successfully and to sustain that weight loss, one needs to make healthy lifestyle changes. Exercise and healthy eating should be part of one’s lifestyle, not means to get to a certain size, shape or number on the weighing scale. Steer away from unhealthy food, come out of sedentary lifestyle, and practice these NEAT activities to train the body to get to a healthy weight.
9. Over-Exercising Can Stall Fat Burning: People who become gym rats in an effort to burn all the fat away in the gym have been grossly misguided. In fact, too much exercising can prevent your body from burning away the excess fat. With exercise, the stress hormone, cortisol rises up, and with a lot of exercise, without a break, the cortisol level remains high, preventing the body from burning fat. Also, rest days in between workout routine is important to allow the muscles and body to recover and recuperate, and continue weight loss.
10. Sleep Deprivation and Stress are your Biggest Enemies: Both sleep deprivation (less than 7 hours of each night) and chronic stress are linked to weight gain and the inability to lose weight. You can do everything right, but without enough sleep, rest, and a stress-free routine, weight loss will not happen at all.
11. You Have to Exercise More than you think: Working out for just 15 to 20 minutes in a day and then leading a sedentary lifestyle and being a couch potato for the rest of the day, will not fetch any positive results. Most of us tend to overestimate how many calories we burn while exercising, and believe us, you need to be active throughout the day to lose weight successfully.
12. Eating more of Something Won’t Help you Lose Weight: Sipping on green tea through the day, buying only “low-fat stuff,” gulping down detox smoothies, and eating bowls of salads would not help. You would have to eat a balanced diet with the right amount of macro and micro nutrients along with essential minerals to lose weight. Find such balanced diets on the Rati Beauty app and become a lighter and healthier version of yourself!