Drinking water is of supreme importance to keep yourself healthy, prevent dehydration, and imperative to lose weight, along with running your physiological system smoothly. If a person is consuming less than 8 glasses of water per day, he/she may always feel hungry because our body cannot clearly distinguish between hunger and thirst signals, and most often instead of sipping a glass of water, we tend to rip open a bag of potato chips (adding a lot of empty calories). Water also helps to curb appetite and is a zero-calorie drink that boosts metabolism, along with flushing out toxins, helps in absorbing nutrients. However, there’s a lot of confusion whether to drink cold or hot water to burn more calories. Now, there’s a talk about sparkling water too being a good option on a weight loss diet. That’s why, in this post, we discuss in detail what kind of water is better to gulp down in your weight loss journey and why:
How Does Water Help with Weight Loss?
1. Suppresses Appetite: When you drink enough water, the stomach expands and the brain senses that the tummy is full, thereby reducing the level of hunger hormone. Also, most of the times, people confuse hunger signals with thirst, and may actually snack on unhealthy foods when in reality, they just need water!
2. Flushes out Toxins: When you drink enough water, the body works really well to flush out toxins, relieving symptoms of bloating, constipation.
3. Speeds up Lipolysis: The fat-burning process is called “lipolysis,” and the first step in this process is “hydrolysis” where water mixes with fat molecules to create glycerol and three fatty acids. It is after this process that the conversion to energy form of the fat occurs.
4. Water makes workout more efficient by regulating body temperature and preventing muscle fatigue. It also prevents dehydration, also lubricates joints, reducing the risk of injuries.
5. Prevents Water Retention: With dehydration comes water retention, and when you drink enough water, the water stores are replenished, and cells do not hold on to extra water
Benefits of Drinking Chilled Water:
Apparently chilled water helps to burn calories as the body increases the temperature of the chilled water. However, the calorie burnt in this process is too negligible and that does not help with the weight loss at all. Also, it should be totally avoided post meal as it may cause indigestion.
1. Post Workout: Chilled water is a great post workout drink. As your body temperature rises after workout, the chilled water helps to bring it down.
2. Cools Down Body After Staying under Sun: Also, it feels refreshing and you can drink a lot of it which keeps you hydrated. It also helps the body to calm down when you come back after working/walking in stretching sun for some time.
You can drink plain chilled water after workout. You can mix lemon juice and honey to the cold water to make a refreshing drink after a long day at work. You can also mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and few drops of lemon juice to cold water to make a weight loss drink. This chilled water recipe really works well and you will see effective fat loss in a month. If you take detox day once a week, you will probably make a bottle of water the previous night using cucumber, ginger, mint and lemon. Try to keep the bottle in refrigerator and sip the water throughout the day. It tastes amazing and you will love to see the effect.
Benefits of Hot Water:
Hot water undoubtedly has a lot of benefits in keeping the body healthy and losing weight. However, drinking hot water after workout is not a great idea as your body already has a high temperature and you do not want to increase it further.
1. Improves Digestion: Drinking a glass of lukewarm water in the morning boosts metabolism and improves digestion. It also improves blood circulation in the body. Drinking warm water in the morning helps you to debloat and also reduce your tummy fat.
2. Detoxifies Your Body: Warm water infused with various ingredients helps your body get rid of harmful toxins. It not only improves your physical health, but also prevents acne and other skin problems. You can make various detoxifying and de-bloating drinks using warm water.
3. Keeps You Full: Drinking a glass of warm water before starting the meal actually prevents you from overeating. It also aids in digestion.
Drink a glass of lukewarm water before each meal. Also, try to make a honey-lemon detox water, ginger infused water or jeera water in the morning using warm water. This will help remove the toxin and prepare the body for the day.
Benefits of Sparkling Water:
Since sparkling water or club soda doesn’t have added sugar, it’s a much better option than soft drinks, energy drinks, and even diet soda, but not equal or as beneficial as plain water. Also, do stay away from flavoured sparkling water or those with artificial sweeteners. However, excessive consumption of sparkling/carbonated water can cause bloating and acid reflux, and that’s why plain water is always a better option over any other beverage.
Summing up, the temperature of water really does not matter when it comes to weight loss – you can drink plain water at all temperatures – cold, warm, or at room temperature, and as long as you drink 2 liters and more, your weight loss journey will be smooth when you couple it with a healthy weight loss diet such as on Rati Beauty app.
The post Does Drinking Cold Water Burn More Calories than Hot Water? appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.