The whole weight loss process might sound like a complex one, but with the correct strategies in place, you can rather effortlessly tip the scales in your favour, and come down to a healthy weight. What’s best about these strategies is that they can be done effortlessly and work really effectively to get to your goal weight. So, let’s talk about the most overlooked weight loss tips that you should definitely give a try for faster results.
1. Eat Well and Lose Weight: Sometimes all you have to do is to just eat right. If you are thinking of abstaining from food and to crash diet, it will not help you shed extra layers of fat, but eating the right kind of food and in the right amount definitely will. Not to mention, nutritional deficiencies when you crash diet can completely stall the weight loss process. In particular, vitamin D deficiency is strongly linked to belly fat. Find healthy weight loss programs on the Rati Beauty app where you can eat and lose weight, do check them out.
2. Lower that Temperature Further Down: Here’s another additional reason why summers are a good time to lose weight – now that you are drinking more water, have a revved up metabolism, you can further boost weight loss by sleeping in a low temperature setting because exposure to cold temperature can trigger the body to convert “stubborn” white fat into beige and brown fat that actively burn more calories to keep the body warm. When you are sleeping with low numbers on the AC, the body is making an effort to keep you warm by burning more calories and fat.
3. Sniff These Things to Curb Appetite: We are talking about sniffing up natural scents to control hunger pangs because certain studies say that you can trick your brain into suppressing hunger hormones, especially “ghrelin” .Though there is lack of considerable research in this area, a few of them do strongly link certain scents for their ability to stimulate the “satiety center” located in the hypothalamus region of the brain, which is also thought to control appetite; also suppressing the release of hunger hormone in the process. These scents can trick your brain into believing that you have already eaten. Now, here’s an interesting fact – around 80% of what you judge as taste is actually smell! Just sniff away these scents when you are craving for the wrong kind of food (read junk and fast food).
4. Make These Lifestyle Changes: Only the right kind of diet coupled with regular exercise will help shave extra pounds off you, but along with these two main factors, making these “17 small lifestyle changes can accelerate the pace at which you drop weight.” When you make these lifestyle habits, you would not only look better, you would feel better, and there would be lesser chances of failure.
5. Sleep More: Sleep deprivation is a major reason why your weight is not coming off. When you sleep for 7 hours or more, the body is able to rev up the metabolism, lower stress and hunger hormone levels, and improve the functioning of fat-burning enzymes and hormones. You would lose a good amount of weight just by sleeping tight at night.
6. Boost Metabolism to Lose Weight: As we have always maintained, metabolism is the mechanism through you which body burns calories. If the metabolism is sluggish, your body would store excess calories in the form of fat instead of burning them out. Confused about how to boost metabolism, here are 21 Tricks to Boost your Metabolism.
7. Stress: If you have been unable to lose weight for the longest time now even by eating right and exercising, then do find ways to destress because there’s a strong link between high stress level and weight gain. You can do everything right but if you have chronic stress, you would not be able to lose weight. Practice breathing exercises, go for walks, exercise, listen to music, pick a hobby you like, and take time out to meditate. By de-stressing, you can see the extra pounds melting off.
8. Replace Fruit Juices with Water: Fruit juices are considered healthy, but then they quickly raise insulin level and without the fiber content, you would be feeling hungry all over again. When fruits are eaten in their raw form, they have the precious fiber that can make you full for long hours, cutting down excess calories in the process. Also, there’s a zero-calorie alternative to fruit juices – sip on plain water instead and you would have a robust mechanism through the day.
9. Pick Red/Purple/Blue Fruits and Vegetables: Red cabbage, eggplant, berries, apple, prunes, etc., have anthocyanins (a group of antioxidant compounds) that give fruits and vegetables their red color, are powerful antioxidants that fight free radicals, bring down inflammation, and additionally, tend to suppress the action of fat-storing genes in the body.
10. Whenever you Feel Like Snacking in Between Meals, Drink a Glass of Water Instead: Most of the times you are just plain thirsty, it’s just that the body isn’t that efficient at relaying hunger and thirst signals distinctively. If you are feeling frequent hunger pangs, instead of picking up a bag of potato chips, sip on a full glass of water, and you would be surprised you are no longer hungry! It works!