Metabolism is considered as the body’s engine that is responsible for torching up of calories. Metabolism is a mechanism that converts calories from food to energy form and it is always at work inside your body – even while your sleeping or taking a shower because we need energy to perform all bodily functions. The energy your body uses for these basic functions is called your basal metabolic rate. The rate at which you burn calories at rest is called “resting metabolic rate” (RMR). The nutrients that our body absorbs through the food we eat affects our metabolism a great deal. To set a sluggish metabolism, it’s important to eat the right kind of food, so that the body can use those minerals, vitamins, and nutrients to raise the metabolism to burn more calories. So, let’s find out what are the best nutrients to boost metabolism and promote weight loss.
1. Iron: This mineral is essential to carry oxygen to the cells for them to function properly and iron also helps to boost metabolism a great deal.
2. Magnesium: Absolutely essential for strong bones, magnesium is a necessary nutrient for weight loss to happen and you get plenty of magnesium from beans, quinoa, tofu, banana, and surprise – dark chocolate!
3. Calcium: It’s a mineral that makes bones strong and healthy and also prevents the body from storing fat. Promotes thermogenesis by converting a portion of dietary calories to heat instead of storing it as body fat. When the calcium levels are low, the body tends to make more fat cells. Apart from all these functions, calcium also boosts metabolism. Sesame seeds, Chia seeds
Almond milk, Tofu, Cheese, Dry figs, soybean, etc.
4. Vitamin D: Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin which is found in two variants – vitamin D2 and D3. Vitamin D2 comes from plant sources such as yeast and fungi whereas vitamin D3 is available from animal sources and our body makes vitamin D3 with the help of sunlight. It promotes healthy bones and teeth. Boosts immune system, fights infection, is important for skeletal development. Additionally, it boosts metabolism, prevents production of fat cells and helps repair cells and muscles.
5. B Vitamins: The B group of vitamins are essential to run the metabolic processes in the body smoothly and helps break down carbohydrates apart from boosting metabolism.
6. Fiber: Fiber is a nutrient that reduces appetite by regulating the production of hunger hormone “ghrelin.” Fiber content also reduces one’s appetite by slowing the movement of food through the gut. Since fiber has low glycemic index, it also does not spike up insulin and thus reduces the chance of extra calories getting stored up as fat in the body. Fiber is also essential to rev up the metabolism. Here are “12 Handy Tips To Add More Fiber to Diet for Weight Loss.”
7. Protein: Keeping the best for the last – protein burns more calories due to its thermogenic properties and also keeps your metabolism high, even when you are sleeping. Here’s a list of “15 Food Sources of Lean Protein that Can Help with Weight Loss.”
The post 7 Best Nutrients To Boost Metabolism and Promote Weight Loss appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.