Half the world menstruates. But talking about periods is still taboo. And that’s a problem. HealthyWomen seeks to encourage, empower, elevate and normalize the discussion about menstrual health.
Join us as we explore these important topics in our “All About Periods” webinar series. These events are free to attend. Register Now!
Understanding Your Period
June 2, 2021, 12 p.m. EDT
What questions do you have about your period? Wondering if your period is “normal”? Want to know more about how your cycle changes throughout your lifespan and what to expect as you get older? Learn about periods and all things related to your menstrual cycle from the experts.
- Patricia Geraghty, MSN, FNP-BC, WHNP, Director of Women’s Health, Comprehensive Wellness
- Jessica Shepherd, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Verywell Health
- Nkem Osian, MPH, Director of Partnerships, The White Dress Project
June 9, 2021, 7 p.m. EDT
Join us for a lively conversation where we address removing shame, stigma and barriers so all people who menstruate can be confident and empowered in their discussions about their periods and any concerns or issues they may have. Learn how to have the conversation and how schools and communities can play a role in supporting people and their periods.
- Hodan Barreh, Member, Youth Advisory Council, PERIOD
- Janis Hogan, BUS, RN, NCSN, School Nurse, Camden Hills Regional High; Maine Director, National Association of School Nurses
- Sophia Yen, MD, MPH, Co-Founder and CEO, Pandia Health
Supported by Myovant