Belly fat or visceral fat comes under the “stubborn fat” category which takes its own sweet time to melt away even after months of rigorous dieting and regular exercise. If the belly fat refuses to budge even after doing hundreds of crunches in one go, it’s time to straighten up the diet because “abs are definitely made in the kitchen.” Though it’s not possible to spot reduce fat from one area, with overall reduction of body fat percentage, one can also lose tummy fat. Including the right kind of vegetables in your daily diet would be a great idea to reduce overall weight and belly fat as well because most veggies, except a few, are extremely low in calories yet come under the category of “most-filling foods.” They nourish the body with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, protein, minerals, necessary to synthesize essential hormones and enzymes that boost weight loss. Though healthy foods should be taken in limited amount, fresh vegetables are an exception, which you can eat as much as you can and rarely get into a calorie surplus! As we have mentioned above, including the right kind of vegetables can help boost weight loss because they rev up the metabolism (also read “How To Supercharge your Metabolism to Accelerate Weight Loss) and provide the right kind of nutrients to burn off fat. In this post, we list out top 12 vegetables to include in your diet to reduce fat.
1. Broccoli: High in calcium, broccoli is a low-calorie veggie, that particularly helps reduce belly fat.
2. Green Chillies: It’s a thermogenic food that burns more calories and revs up metabolism as well.
3. Cucumbers: A water-dense vegetable with extremely low amount of calories, it also helps to get rid of bloating.
4. Sweet Potato: You can have sweet potatoes in multiple ways – have it baked, boiled, or even flatten it out to get the benefits of fiber that is extremely good for weight loss.
5. Cabbage: Again, this low-calorie vegetable is rich in fiber that curbs appetite and keeps one fuller for longer.
6. Lettuce: An indispensable part of green salads, lettuce is extremely low in calories but manages to burn a lot of calories.
7. Green Leafy Vegetables: Think beyond kale because the different varieties of green leafy vegetables in India (sarso, methi, palak, moringa, bathua, etc.), come loaded with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that make them a must-have in any healthy diet.
8. Garlic: There are certain compounds in garlic that help stimulate the fat-burning process.
9. Mushroom: High on nutrients, low in calories, mushrooms have weight-loss friendly fiber and protein too.
10. Green Beans: It’s time to take a liking to plain old green beans because they have soluble fiber that fight inflammation and thereby help in reducing belly fat.
11. Bell Peppers: The compound “capsaicin: found in bell peppers has thermogenic properties that help burn calories and reduce body fat. Read “Can Capsaicin and Cayenne Pepper Help you Lose Weight?”
12. Peppermint: Helps to digest fat by triggering the release of bile from gallbladder and also help clear bloating.
You can find weight loss meal plans with these belly fat-reducing vegetables on the Rati Beauty that help you lose overall weight as well. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
The post 12 Top Vegetables To Include in your Diet To Reduce Tummy Fat appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.