When you are trying to lose weight, every bit of information helps, but you have to ensure that it’s the right kind of information and would fetch desired results. Make no mistake, weight loss is possible only by following the right kind of diet (for example – Rati Beauty diet) that would put you in calorie deficit without compromising on nutrition, but there are certain factors that help to motor up this process further. In this post, we list down 10 right actions that would help boost weight loss.
1. Try to be on your feet as much as possible, walk at least 10,000 steps in a day: Not only to lose weight, it’s essential to be active through the day to get healthy as well, especially when you are working from home, spending hours together sitting in a single position. There’s an enzyme called “lipoprotein lipase,” which is responsible for burning fat and being in an inactive state can severely impact this enzyme’s “fat-burning activity” by 90%, such as when you spend most of your day at the desk or on the couch watching TV. Being on your feet triggers the body to release this enzyme that helps to process fat molecules and glucose. If you have desk job, take break every half an hour, get up from the chair, and take a stroll. In fact, set alarm on your phone at every half hour interval so that you can take a short break and get some fresh air, and also reactivate that fat-burning lipoprotein lipase enzyme. In fact, short breaks during working hours also help to boost productivity.
2. Take stairs instead of elevators and lifts, this simple action can burn so many calories.
3. Keep aside 40 minutes from your daily schedule for exercise, even brisk walking would do.
4. Sleep for at least 7 hours each night. Without good sleep, all your weight loss efforts can fail because sleep deprivation slows down metabolism, increases food cravings, and elevates stress and hunger hormones – which do not work in your favour, especially while trying to get into shape.
5. Minimize salt intake, do not cut it out completely. Salt is essential to run various functions in the body and to maintain electrolyte balance, but too much salt can cause water retention, so use salt in moderation.
6. Cut out white sugar. It’s sugar that’s the villain, not salt. So cut out white sugar and replace it with these better alternatives.
7. Swap refined grains with whole grains.
8. Increase fiber in your diet. Check out “12 Handy Tips to Add More Fiber in your Diet for Weight Loss.”
9. Increase protein intake. Check out protein-rich weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty diet. Download Rati Beauty app for more details.
10. Fill half your plate with veggies – more veggies means more nutrition, all in lesser number of calories.
Bonus Tip – Drink at least 2 liters of water because most of the time you are hungry, you might just be thirsty and need a glass of water. Our body is not good at differentiating hunger and thirst signals and tends to mixes both up. So, the next time hunger pang hits, wait for a few minutes, grab a glass of water, and see the hunger signal subside