There’s an inexpensive ingredient in your kitchen cabinet that can be used for multiple beauty treatments – from softening rough underarms to reducing stubborn tan. Baking soda is a staple kitchen and home ingredient, but I’m sure after reading these extraordinary uses of baking soda mentioned in this post, you are bound to get surprised!
1. To Remove Dandruff Buildup: Baking soda is 10 times cheaper than branded hair serums and shampoos which you use to fix your hair problems. Dandruff buildup is a common problem that can also trigger hair fall. Baking soda can help remove dandruff or any other product buildup from the scalp and for that, you need to mix some baking soda in water and apply it on the roots of the tresses. If you have an extra brush, you can evenly apply on the scalp and leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes and wash off with water.
2. To Remove Makeup: Using baking soda as a makeup remover is one of its many uses. You need to dilute 2 spoons of baking soda in appropriate quantity of water so that the texture is neither runny nor thick in consistency. It need to look more like a soft paste, which can be used as a facial scrub too. Now, apply this mixture in circular motion. This will help to remove makeup gently and also will give you a radiant skin. Wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
3. As A Dry Shampoo: Now, you don’t need to shell out extra money to buy expensive dry shampoos from the market. Homemade kitchen remedies have always proved to give the same results like the artificially chemical filtered products. Introducing baking soda as a dry shampoo will never disappoint you. Put some baking soda mixed with talcum powder on the hair brush and run it over the hair.
4. To Clean Makeup Brushes: Brushes can be a long term investment, if you look after them the way they want to. Baking soda can clean hair and makeup brushes which can be a breeding ground for bacteria. You just need to add some baking powder to lukewarm water and keep the brushes submerged in it overnight or for few hours. You can also make a paste of baking soda and water and pour it on the bristles. This will also cleanse your brushes thoroughly.
5. As A Bath Soak: Not to mention, bath soak is the best remedy to keep your body fresh and also germ free. This inexpensive product can actually be used in a bath soak to freshen your body and also keep you odour free. Incorporating baking soda in water while bathing can be beneficial in rainy as well as summer season where you perspire a lot and also the body releases some unpleasant smell.
6. As A Face Wash: The most inexpensive homemade face wash can now give you soft, supple and glowing skin. Baking soda is used in a large variety of face washes which help to give you a flawless, glowing skin. Mix some baking soda to water and wash your wash with this. If the consistency of the paste is thick, you can even use it as a scrub and if the consistency is runny, use it as a face wash.
7. To Lighten Dark Spots: We will be using orange juice along with baking soda to clear dark spots. Orange juice contains Vitamin C which helps to fade away the dark spots from the face and body easily. Take two spoons of baking soda and add some orange juice to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on the dark spots. Allow it to dry for some time and rinse off with cold water. Pat dry and repeat this every day.
8. To Exfoliate Skin: Baking soda exfoliates your skin while honey contains natural humectants which help to reduce the breakouts on the skin. Also using a baking soda and honey paste can help to reduce the appearance of dark spots on the face. Mix equal quantity of baking soda and honey to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on the dark spots and wash off with cold water.
9. To Brighten Skin Tone: Potato contains starch which helps to get rid of the hyper pigmented skin on the face easily. It bleaches the skin thus getting rid of the dark spots on the skin. Take two spoons of baking soda and add some potato juice to it. Mix both the ingredients together to get a thick paste. Apply on the dark spots and wash off with cold water.
10. To Reduce Hyperpigmentation: Milk contains lactic acid which helps to treat hyper pigmentation on the skin easily. Also, baking soda can cleanse and exfoliate your skin deeply. Take some baking soda and keep adding milk to it. Make sure you get a thick consistency paste. Apply on the dark spots and rinse off with cold water once dried.
11. To Lighten Underarms: We can use baking soda to get rid of darkness in the underarm area because of its skin lightening property. Baking soda inhibits the production of melanin that is responsible for the skin discoloration. Not to mention, it is a good exfoliating agent as well and absorbs excess oil and sweat and unclogs pores. Aside from skin whitening property, baking soda can effectively treat odor as well. To make this scrub, take equal amount of baking soda and gram flour. Add appropriate amount of curd to make a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your underarms and leave it to dry. Later, rinse it off with water. Repeat the procedure twice a week.
12. To Remove Blackheads and Whiteheads: A great way to remove blackheads and whiteheads on your nose is using baking soda. Take some baking soda, a little bit of toothpaste and few drops of lukewarm water. Mix everything together and make a paste. Scrub your nose with the paste (you could use an old toothbrush for this) and get rid of all the blackheads and whiteheads on your nose.
So, how many of these were you aware of? I hope, I made you aware you some inexpensive and effective remedies that you all must try!
The post 12 Beauty Tips with Baking Soda That you Need to Try appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.